Monday, May 19, 2014

So It Goes

So there was this girl. She stumbled. She fell. She got back up. The end.

Such a familiar story isn't it? Everyone has a story to tell. Love. Lust. Loss. Heartbreak. Happy Ending. Angry. Happy. Sad. Frustrating. Tiring. Never-Ending... The funny thing is that humans seem to crave a brokenness. Emptiness. We get so reckless with our hearts. Throwing them at anything and everything that looks the least bit promising. Ha. Who am I kidding? It doesn't even have to look promising. Just better than what we have in that moment. Then we wonder why the tears are falling in the end. Screaming at the darkness closing in around us. Always asking...Why me? What did I do? How can I deserve this? Is this pain real? Will I ever be okay? Will I ever be enough? Looking back on my own stories I remember asking myself those same questions. More times than I care to recall. Being young is an adventure. A very dangerous exploration. So let us venture into the Great Perhaps and get royally fucked up on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment